- When: 23rd – 27th June 2014 (with companies arriving 21st or 22nd)
- Where: San Diego, Silicon Valley and San Francisco
- Who: 7 of the UK’s most innovative robotics startups/SMEs
- What: Week-long programme of meetings, briefings, networking
- How: Apply to join the mission, first-come, first-served for qualifying companies through a competitive process.
What Does the Robotics 2014 Mission Include?
The bespoke agenda is designed to provide a unique insight into the US robotics landscape, building connections with potential customers, investors and partners. The mission programme includes:
- Visits to companies working at the forefront of robotics in San Diego, Silicon Valley and San Francisco
- Networking opportunities with both investors and large corporates looking to move into robotics
- A roundtable discussion in San Diego with a UK government minister
- Visits to hardware/RAS incubators and accelerators
- Meetings with leading robotics academic and research institutions
- Masterclasses on pitch development and accessing the US market in general and California in particular
- Meetings with UK robotics companies who have already made the leap into the US
The final programme will be tailored to fit the objectives of the companies taking part and is subject to change. Companies selected for the mission will also benefit from:
- Pre-mission briefing, pitch training & launch event in the UK w/c 16 June 2014
- Dedicated press and publicity support
- Post-mission gathering and debrief session back in the UK
Why Join the Mission?
- Understand the challenges and opportunities of the US market
- Develop quality contacts with potential California-based customers, investors and partners
- Gain first-hand insight into California’s robotics landscape
- Fresh ideas and insight from the thought-leaders in the US
- Improve their profile in both the US and UK
- Evolve their company and product pitches to ensure that they are investor-ready
- Develop a market-entry strategy for the US market
What’s the Cost?
A contribution of £1,999+VAT will be payable from each mission delegate towards the costs of the trip. This includes:
- International flights, internal flights, accommodation, airport transfer
- Transport between mission activities
- Week-long programme in the US
- Pre/post-mission events in the UK
- Press and publicity support
Who Can Apply?
The focus of this mission is on innovative startups and SMEs developing robotics and autonomous systems with high growth potential. Companies will be selected based on innovation and their suitability for the US market in a competitive process.
Qualifying companies were selected on a first-come, first-served basis.
Applications for the Robotics Mission 2014 are now closed.